Pri-Num's R2 Platform is a cloud-based POS platform that offers a fully mobile POS system, eliminating the need for additional hardware. With our solution, you can accept payments wherever your business takes you.
Pri-Num’s R2 POS Solution, based on Visa Acceptance Cloud (VAC) technology, enables contactless payments from various sources, including cards, digital wallets, and wearables like Google Wallet and Apple Pay on Android smartphones.
R2 platform facilitates cloud-based point of sale (POS) payments, providing affordable and seamless opportunities for small businesses, retailers, fintech, and their supporting entities.
Currently, R2 POS supports Visa and Mastercard payment card network processors.
- Increased Security — We securely handle consumer card and PIN data separately, without storing them on the device. Our back end follows PCI DSS standards and the SDK is certified by an independent laboratory. Moving the payment kernel to the cloud further enhances security.
- Lower hardware costs of POS — Our solution removes the need for a secure processor on the payment device. Instead, the secure payment kernel operates on the cloud without memory limitations for the acceptance device.
- Grows access and enables innovation for sellers (IoT) — Hosting the payment kernel in Visa’s secure cloud expands digital payment options for small sellers and IoT players.
- EMV parameters in the cloud — Soft POS apps can be customized with unique EMV configurations, enabling tailored transaction limits based on the customer’s business requirements. This flexibility allows smaller merchants to have lower transaction limits and larger shops to have higher transaction limits.
To enable a device to accept payments beyond its hardware capabilities, a three-tier structure known as Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 is required. This hierarchical arrangement is essential for the device to function as a payment terminal.
Acceptance Cloud transfers crucial elements of the acceptance software, such as the components for processing contactless transactions (L2) and specific security functions, from the individual smartphone to the cloud. This implementation ensures strong security measures, lowers development and maintenance expenses, and establishes scalable distribution channels by enabling immediate connectivity with partners.
R2 platform, through cloud adoption, overcomes hardware limitations, enabling quicker deployment of value-added services at the point-of-sale. Pri-Num seamlessly integrates with Visa Acceptance Cloud and Mastercard Cloud, delivering a scalable solution for cloud POS terminals. Our solution ensures an optimal user experience and advanced security for Visa and Mastercard transactions.
Tap on/to phone, also known as contactless payment, enables convenient wireless payments at POS terminals using NFC technology. This method is increasingly popular for various transactions, providing businesses with a competitive and advanced payment experience. With NFC, the payment card or device securely transmits a unique token to the terminal, ensuring transaction security. Contactless-enabled cards, wearables, and payment apps utilize this wireless technology, allowing customers to securely make payments by tapping, waving, or hovering their card or device near the terminal.
- Support of major card brands: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro
- Cloud-based architecture reduces operational overhead by eliminating the need to keep and process transaction data on the mobile device
- EMV Level 2 certified
- Accepts different form factors: EMV contactless cards, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Wallet
- Enhanced security: no keys downloaded on the device
- Software-hardened key encryption and decryption
- End to end security with PCI P2PE
- Web-based platform to define EMV parameters on the go (floor limits, CVM methods, currency)
- EMV parameters maintained on the cloud by eliminating the complexity of parameter management on the device
- Monitoring of health status of devices
- Blocking in case of suspicious activities
- EMV transaction data including TVR and other
- Advanced filtering options to monitor transactions
- Advanced transaction logging data to give all the details about transaction errors
- Onboarding and administration of new merchants
- Store management
- Terminal management
- Advanced Reports and analytics
- Administration of the stores
- Terminal management
- Managers management
The Platform is composed of multiple microservices that manage different aspects of the business model and operations. These services internally communicate using REST APIs and also interact with APIs provided by other services. Additionally, infrastructure services are responsible for handling non-functional activities within the Platform.
Communication with Bank APIs is done directly from the consumer service, following the Bank’s infrastructure and internal requirements within the project scope.
Communication with the Acquirer Processing API depends on integration requirements and specific transaction processing flow.
The Solution features a back-office system with a web UI for managing merchants and system data.
Each service is deployed as an executable jar with embedded Tomcat.
Online PIN (MOIPIN) is supported in the kernel configuration.
The Visa-enabled randomized keypad ensures secure entry of customers’ card PIN. When the customer presses the Done button, the SDK encrypts the PIN and transmits it to the backend for processing the transaction with Online PIN.